Reed Exhibitions Iberia and Veredictas Internacional are the driving forces behind the creation oa new award for the advertising andpromotional gift sector. The Recordia Awards offer international recognition for excellent ideas, gifts and promotional items from all over Europe.
Until now, the European promotional gift industry has not had a benchmark for quality and a standard of excellence. For this reason, Expo Reclam, as the major professional gathering in Southern Europe, together with Veredictas Internacional, a leading agency in certification of standards of excellence, have embarked on a project to give the industry an international symbol of distinction for its best products and work.
The aim of the Recordia Awards is to not only recognise the qualities of a product itself (this recognition is already provided by the market), but also to recognise aspects such as the relationship between gadget and message, innovation, a gift's relationship to its recipient and other significant strategic aspects.
There will be 12 categories and a panel of judges made up of representatives of professional associations, the trade press and industry specialists, with no members representing the organisers or honorary members. This aspect is key to making Recordia a recognised standard of excellence for the promotional gift market.
The Recordia Awards are the awards of all professionals, the industry’s awards. They are not awarded by an association or any magazine in particular, and for that reason they are open to the entire industry. The awards will be presented at the 2013 edition of Expo Reclam, at Ifema (Madrid).
A name and a tribute
The name Recordia evokes the idea of recall and being remembered is the reason for any promotional action. The image pays homage to a historic promotional item: the 1960s Cinzano ashtray.
The 12 categories of the Recordia Awards encompass the different types of advertising and promotional gifts.
1. Recordia Award for the best use of brand image
2. Recordia Award for the best gadget-message relationship
3. Recordia Award for the best gadget-brand relationship
4. Recordia Award for the best special design created for the occasion
5. Recordia Award for the best handcrafted, one-of-a-kind or limited edition gadget
6. Recordia Award for the best gift plus media distributed to the public
7. Recordia Award for the best individually distributed gift
8. Recordia Award for the best gift as part of a campaign
9. Recordia Award for innovation
10. Recordia Award for the gadget of the year
11. Recordia Award for miscellaneaous items not included in the other categories
12. Judges' special Recordia Award for career achievement
For further information, please contact: