Contributing to your economy
Exhibitions are a major contributor to local and national economies and play a key role in industrial and commercial development, particularly in emerging markets.
They provide a shop window for regional and national industry, stimulate foreign investment in infrastructure and facilitate technology transfer. Reed Exhibitions is uniquely placed to assist and advise local and national government on exhibition opportunities.
Our existing government alliances include:
- Reed has a long-term contract with the city of Vienna to operate the new exhibition centre which opened in 2004, and to develop the exhibition and conference business at Messe Wien.
- Reed MIDEM, a division of Reed, has a long-term contract with the city of Cannes to organise events in the Palais des Festivals.
- When Adnec, the government-controlled venue in Abu Dhabi privatised its operations, Reed Exhibitions was one of the parties selected to manage part of its portfolio.
- Reed Sinopharm is a 50/50 partnership with CPEC, the trade show organising subsidiary of state-owned Sinopharm, the largest pharmaceutical company in China.
- Many of Reed Exhibitions’ shows worldwide enjoy the full support and endorsement of the relevant government ministries.